The other day, I was going through some old notes I had posted on facebook. Right after I joined facebook, the “25 Random Things About Me” survey (chain letter, whatever you would like to call it) went viral on the site. A crazy number of people participated and most tried to include funny things or interesting tidbits about themselves. I enjoyed reading everyone else’s responses, but not everyone was amused by the meme. Anyway, this is all just a clever (?) lead in for me to tell you that NaBloPoMo post numero 11 is simply a rerun of my 25 Random Things About Me-New and Improved, 2010 version.
1. In the last year and a half (hell, the last day and a half) I have learned what true friendship and true love really are. It has been the most wonderful and the most horrendous experience of my life. I have been completely and elementally changed by it.
2. I have had the privilege of being present when loved ones have come into this world and also when others have left this world. It’s amazing that what is needed in both of those situations is so similar. Touching, cool rags, changing positions, quiet talking, praying, waiting and eventually giving over to a power greater than ourselves.
3. I am scared of clowns.
4. I have two boys. Both of whom were delivered without pain relieving drugs and the second one was born at home. Although he was born at home only because we waited too long before going to the hospital.
5. I have a cat named Marley. He is named after Bob Marley. I tell people he was named for Jacob Marley since we got him at Christmas, but that’s just because I think it sounds smarter.
6. I love to read.
7. Sweating has helped my mental state more than counseling.
8. I feel weird if I leave the house and don’t say goodbye and I love you to all the people and animals first.
9. When I was 13 or 14 years old, I wanted to be a pastor. Now I don’t know what I believe.
10. I have always wanted to be a writer.
11. I have made some gigantic mistakes in my life. And they have helped me learn humility and forgiveness.
12. My dog’s name is Zelda. She is named after F. Scott Fitzgerald’s wife, not the video game.
13. I wish I could play the piano.
14. Thirteen is my favorite number.
15. I have many jobs and I love them all.
16. I love to laugh outloud. I used to be embarassed by my loud laugh, now I just do it!
17. I have held the hand of the devil. It was warm in the night. [Wait, that is Bono’s answer.] I’m the one who has spoke with the tongue of angels.
18. I like reality T.V shows. But that may be because I don’t have cable or satellite T.V.
19. One day a month, I could kill people who annoy me and not bat an eye. I’d have to be excused from the jury of any trial where the PMS defense was being used.
20. The truth really does set you free.
21. Being the only female in the household is pretty great. This one could also be stated as, “It’s good to be the queen.”
22. I do not believe in ghosts or aliens or Bigfoot. I do, however, believe in the Loch Ness Monster. I also read my horoscope everyday.
23. Getting a professional bra fitting was one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself.
24. I love surprises. Both giving them and getting them.
25. I love to cook. I read cookbooks for fun. I also wear an apron when I cook.