Just a short post. Seems like the start of a new year is a good time to start blogging again. Si?
My only year-long resolution is to make a few specific monthly resolutions/goals each month. (Does that sentence even make sense?) So, with that thought in mind, here are my January resolutions:
1) Learn to knit. Simple, right?
2) Work out for at least 30 minutes every day. This is part of a 100-day challenge, but let’s start with January, shall we?
3) Be completely wheat-free. This is part of moving toward a “primal-eating” way of life. But again, let’s start small and move from there. Baby steps, folks, baby steps.
4) Be less cynical/scornful. And this comes from just noticing the level of cynicism and scorn (that may be too harsh of a word, maybe it’s more of a smugness about my opinions) that had crept into my life lately. This may be the hardest, because it’s dificult to quantify and specify. Let’s say that the cynical bit will involve me being more open in my life to spiritual things and experiences, and the smugful (new word!) thing will involve me being less derisive about what others are doing/liking/thinking/eating/etc. You do/like/think/eat/etc. whatever makes you happy. What I do/think/like/eat/etc is neither better nor worse than what you do/think/like, it’s just different. And vice-versa. Whatever blows your hair back.
5) Put more love out there into the world. That’s not specific enough for you? Ok, how about I say that I will find a charity or cause to support with my time. There’s also the whole walking-through-the-world-with-an-attitude-of-grace thing.
Ok, I think those 5 will do for the month. Ready, set, GO!